Speaker: Jason Chang, Teaful
Presentation: Taiwan’s Black Tea Renaissance
- Understanding of Taiwan’s black tea history.
- A look into Sun Moon Lake and it’s sponsored black tea production influence.
- New trends regarding black teas within Taiwan’s counties and districts.
- What cultivars are being utilized in Taiwanese black tea.
- Knowledge of new types of black teas that are popular within the Taiwan market and how they came about (from high mountain to specific types growing in popularity i.e. Honey Black Tea from Sanxia).
Bio: Drinking tea since the age of 6, half of Jason’s family derives from the Nantou region in which most of the tea is grown in Taiwan. He has close connections with tea farmers and processors there in which he trusts in producing quality tea while experimenting with new techniques and varieties to bring into the market. He studies under tea experts and farmers to keep up with the industry while sharing the knowledge collected from his journeys.